Monday, March 26, 2012

Mr. Mom -- Day #7

Another gorgeous day outside today, but unfortunately Tim-Tam-Tommy seemed to be a bit under the weather. He complained about a sore in his mouth about ten times (a minor virus that everyone seems to get once in a while. Yeah, they hurt a little, but this is the kid who would gladly play a soccer game with a broken leg), and used up half a box of kleenex on his runny nose.

But I digress.

The morning started out fine, although I decided the twins didn't rinse enough conditioner out of their hair last night during showers, so their hair was a bit matted after sleeping on it all night. took forever to brush out, but I did eventually get it done. Then they were off to school.

As I mentioned above, Thomas was a bit of a slug, mostly wanting to just sit around and moan about this or that (I also removed a microscopic splinter from his thumb!).

The highlight of my day was finishing my taxes -- with the exception of three missing items -- and realizing we are going to get our first refund in ten years.

After school, the twins had a friend over to play, which created some negative dynamics among my kids -- particularly a whiny Thomas. But after breaking up several arguments, things seemed to stabilize. Dinner was steak, red potatoes and corn -- tasty, if I do say so myself.

Then we started a Xena-fest, watching two episodes before everyone went to bed. All-in-all, a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment