Thursday, February 24, 2011

Adoption Trip Number One

Just a couple of days before Paula and I head off to Ethiopia for the first of two trips to adopt our son Feyissa Thomas Spears. On this trip we will go to court to be approved for the adoption, meet the people giving Feyissa up to the orphanage, and visit the region of Ethiopia where Feyissa is from.

And, of course, we get to meet our son for the first time.

I'm excited and nervous both at the same time.

Just adding to the anxiety factor is the fact that this will be the first time both Paula and I have been separated from the twins for more than a few hours. I sure hope they behave themselves for my mother and sister-in-law... Usually, fresh faces get a few days of honeymoon before the girls start to get highly demanding.

Worrying rarely helps anything, but how do you stop?

No comments:

Post a Comment