Thursday, April 5, 2012

Mr. Mom -- Day #16

Yesterday was my last day playing the Mr. Mom role -- at least for now. Today I'm sitting at my desk trying to remember exactly what happened during the day.

The morning went off without a hitch, with both twins heading out to the bus on time. I spent much of the morning cleaning and picking up so that the house would be orderly for Paula's return. Thomas watched TV most of the morning, it being a bit chilly out, and Dad and Grandma being occupied. After lunch, he went off to school, and I did my workout. Then I picked up an enthusiastic Thomas and brought him home.

When the twins came home about 45 minutes later, we all watched an episode of Hercules, and then headed to the airport to pick up mommy. They were so enthusiastic about seeing her!

We stopped at Hollywood diner for lunch, and then headed home, all the while hearing bits and pieces about Paula's trip. Mommy was so tired last night that I put the kids to bed again, although I know she really wanted to do it herself.

And the final verdict?

It's tough handling everything by yourself. Both physically tiring, and emotionally draining. But it was also easier than my first go round as Mr. Mom, and also more rewarding. I was more relaxed with the children, and felt like I could take some pleasure from my more intensive time with them, rather than just feeling stressed. And having some support -- either from the older kids, grandma, or friends -- definitely helps a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment