Monday, May 24, 2010

Project list dwindling, summer here!

There isn't a better time to have excess time on your hands than summer. The weather this weekend was finally warm, and my project list is finally shrinking.

I've been spending more and more time with my new book concept (and continuing to edit the old one, too). Found a website for the "snowflake guy", which provides a template to organize your thoughts and plan a novel from the big picture down to the details. I'm giving it a whirl. The new novel, which I've tentatively titled "Incentivize" (a non-word I heard quite a lot while I was in Corporate life, and which always grated when I did hear it spoken), will have five storyline threads, and is primarily set in the horn of Africa. I'm currently working on character synopsis, and hope to be into scene details next month.

Not sure if I ever blogged about the nearly complete novel, or not. It is called "Leverage" (perhaps the most overused 'business-speak' term, or at least a contender), and is set in Minneapolis. In this novel, a middle manager at a technology company has a coworker die in his arms from gunshot wounds. He decides it is his sacred mission to find out what happened and why, which leads him into a web of technology theft and cover-up. Editing work is heading into the final stretch, and I'm feeling pretty good about how it is shaping up.

Otherwise, the major lifting and toting work around the house is winding down, and I'm looking forward to a relaxed and enjoyable summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment