Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Split is Coming

I've recognized for some time that my blog has become a mish-mash of subjects. That didn't bother me much in the beginning -- words needed to be recorded, and this was a place to do it.

But as I've drawn deeper into writing, I've begun to realize that mixing apples and oranges creates some problems. The writing bloggers and writing websites advise authors to begin managing their brand early in their career. That brand being the type of work they produce and how they present themselves as the author of it.

I took my first steps toward doing that with my website, but it turned into a mish-mash as well. So I've got some clean up work ahead of me, I just need to find the time to complete it. I'm going to collect up all the writing-related materials from my blog (Power and Politics, Corporate Musings) and repost them on my website. I'll probably stop recording my running posts over there, and I'll drop the consulting pages as well (no real activity to speak of).

On this blog, I'll leave the material on Adoption, Personal Musings and my personal thoughts on Writing. I suppose the Mr. Mom materials will remain here as well -- for posterity's stake.

Been contemplating this change for quite some time, and now that I've determined what I need to do, the only thing left is to find about three days to get 'er done!

No comments:

Post a Comment