Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Recovery

Maybe I'm just being overly optimistic, but I can't believe it might take months for this knee to recover.

I'm one week post surgery, and am already in less pain than I was before the work was done.  Swelling is long gone, incisions itch like crazy -- which usually means they're healing (wish I didn't have to wait another week to get them removed).  I can walk normally, go up stairs normally, can't quite descend them normally, however, but I'm close.

Yet the surgeon told me it would be months before I would be fully healed.  More months before I could attempt running.

I'm anxious to meet with the doc, just to hear what he has to say after the surgery.  Something strange, or am I just seeing (and feeling) what I want to see?


No comments:

Post a Comment