Saturday, June 26, 2010

Vacation

Just spent a nice week in Indianapolis with my parents and in-laws, hence the lack of new posts over the past couple of weeks. Omaha to Indy is one long drive especially when you have seven people in the car, including two six year olds. But the visit was well worth the suffering!

I've been contemplating an interesting question over the past few days, which I will set up here, and comment on in my next post -- If you are successful at something and still unhappy, what does that mean? Does it mean that you're somehow conflicted about the accomplishment -- such as, you think you don't deserve it, or you had to bend yourself in a way that isn't natural? If you're successful at something and it makes you happy, does that demonstrate the lack of being conflicted? How about if you fail? Can you fail at something and still be happy? Because you're not conflicted?

I'm so confused.

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment